Green tea has been around for many many years, however more recently it has come to the forefront as a staple ingredient in food, beverages and skincare. Many of your much loved products are turning green and for good reason, as green tea has many health benefits that make it a superfood for your body and skin.
- Matcha is rich in chlorophyll which is a natural detoxifier and helps to remove toxins from your skin and body.
- Matcha contains high levels of catechins, which are a potent antioxidant and help to fight the processes that cause free radicals and prevent poor health.
- Matcha helps to absorb and prevent excess oil and sebum on your skin, which can help to reduce the appearance of acne and blackheads.
- Matcha naturally produces energising properties, which helps to stimulate skin cells and blood flow to help reduce the effects of ageing.
- Matcha contains more antioxidants than dark chocolate, spinach and fruits like acai combined.
- Matcha contains a number of important nutrients, including iron, protein, potassium, calcium and vitamin C.
- Matcha contains L-Theanine, an amino acid that supports relaxed and smooth skin.
- Matcha contains anti-inflammatory properties to help reduce the appearance of skin conditions and support radiant skin.
Now that you know some of the great benefits of green tea matcha powder, you can see why it’s included in my Green Tea Body Scrub. This scrub gently exfoliates your skin with sugar and pure sea salt, nurtures your skin with green tea powder and moisturises with plant based oils.