As a scrub, I always love a long pamper session with a gorgeous gal and I know that the weekend is your prime opportunity to spend some quality time on your skin – and with me of course!
After a long working week, the weekend is a great time to relax and pamper yourself. Whether it’s to prepare for a night out or just to feel rejuvenated for the new week, giving your skin some extra TLC is well worth it. Not only will you be left feeling fresh and confident, but your skin will be less likely to harbour bacteria, excess oil and clogged pores.
So here are Buddy Scrub’s tips on having a weekend pamper session:
- Wash off the week – the first step to prepping for your skincare routine is to hop into the shower or bath to clean your skin. The warm water of a shower or bath helps to open up your pores and allows you to get out some of the gunk that might be trapped.
- Squeaky clean – while in the shower or bath, use a good quality body wash to cleanse your skin and remove any excess bacteria or oil. A body wash that is all natural is recommended to avoid adding chemicals to your skin which can be absorbed. Be sure to also wash your face with a facial cleanser and remove any makeup from the day.
- Scrub a dub dub – a pamper session wouldn’t be the same without a scrub involved. Exfoliate your skin to help remove any fake tan residue, dead skin, dirt or bacteria. Exfoliating also helps to give your pores a deeper clean after they have been opened up from your shower/bath. Scrubbing at least once a week helps to keep your skin healthy and less likely to develop skin conditions so it is perfect for a weekend pamper session. You can cosy up with me for the night and choose from – Raw Cacao, Green Tea or Activated Charcoal Body Scrubs.
- Mask it – after you have completed the above steps, it is time to towel dry your face and body. Apply a clay based face mask which will help to absorb any remaining dirt or bacteria from your pores and also help to close pores up again. Leave the face mask on for the recommended time and then remove with a washcloth and warm water.
- Smooth as a baby’s… - The final step to your pampering session is to moisturise your face and body. This can be done with a natural moisturiser product or with a natural body oil. Moisturising helps to rehydrate your skin following the above procedure and will keep your skin looking soft and smooth.
Then, it’s time to show off your radiant weekend glow xxx